Views
Helpful
Replies

HP Printer on Cisco ASA Interally?

jjevans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Has anyone setup an HP Printer on a Cisco ASA to print internally? If so can you provide some insight. I am trying to print all on the inside interfaces and it seems like the printer wakes up when I print but it just won’t print the page?

I am kind of sure one or more ports are blocked since I cannot print. I can do everything else I need internally. What do I need to do on the ASA to allow for printing?

Any insight is appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Not sure or i may be wrong, the printer show an IPv6 address ? are you able to ping the printer from PC?

If both the subnet are the same, they should belong to the same security zone, right?

i would change the Pc connected (if only the device connected on that port to the same zone as the printer port and test it.

or make a Rule test

inside_3  

192.168.1.5  to 192.168.1.13 any any allow

inside_4  

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

glad all working can we mark as resolved. appriciated your input.

BB

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the printer IP and from what device you trying to print ? (ip address of the device)

You may need port 9100 to open for Print, but again we need to know from what source the print not working?

BB

Port 9100.pngI have tried a rule allow tcp 9100 from any to any on the inside interface but this did not work and blocked all my http/https access to any web site.

I also tried a rule allow tcp 9100 from any to any on the inside_3 interface (printer attached) but this did not work also.

what is the printer IP and from what device you trying to print ? (ip address of the device)

On ASDM real-time Log, Look at the Logs while you give a print.

BB

Printer = 192.168.1.13 / Port 4

PC = 192.168.1.5 / Port 2

Nothing is showing up in the log?

Not sure or i may be wrong, the printer show an IPv6 address ? are you able to ping the printer from PC?

If both the subnet are the same, they should belong to the same security zone, right?

i would change the Pc connected (if only the device connected on that port to the same zone as the printer port and test it.

or make a Rule test

inside_3  

inside_4  

BB

Yes same security zone. I just powered off the printer and powered it back on. Guess what?....lol

Thank you everyone for your insight!

glad all working can we mark as resolved. appriciated your input.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card