cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
JamesRobertson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Here is the scenario.  I have a HDMI TX and Multiple HDMI RX receivers.  These devices can be configured to use UDP packets from the TX box to multiple RX receivers on the same Vlan displaying the same image for my guests.  However I am always receiving the

Host 000b.7800.6002 in vlan 192 is flapping between port Gi1/0/34 and port Gi1/0/35

Host 000b.7800.6002 in vlan 192 is flapping between port Gi1/0/36 and port Gi1/0/34

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/34
description Wall Displays
switchport access vlan 192
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast

Does anyone know how I can stop the annoying messages from filling up my logs.  The devices are working as specified.

7 Comments
Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

Last time something similar happened was related to a flapping port in one of the switches, spanning-tree was reconverging and i was getting a ton of those messages. Perhaps you can ignore/archive those messages on your syslog, keeping one single point of control.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the device connection port 35 ?

by the way, what is this product and model information to suggest more accurate.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What downstream clients are connected to ports 34, 35 & 36? 

JamesRobertson
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the responses.

Sorry for not posting the hardware 
Cisco Catalyst 3850 WS-C3850-48P sw:16.12.3a stack config.
End devices are NTI ST-IPHD-LC, TX and RX HDMI Extenders.

Port 33 is the Transmitter end device

Ports 34,35,36 are the receiver end devices

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmmmm ... Can you do a COLD reboot?  

NOTE:  Cold reboot is pulling all the power cables of the switch.  

JamesRobertson
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I have tried a cold boot as well.

JamesRobertson
Level 1
Level 1

Well found the problem.  These HDMI Extenders were definitely cheep.  All RX devices use the same MAC Address and so does the TX devices.  Thank goodness they actually were programmable at the interface as that cleared up all my issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: