Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7700 LACP+QinQ

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

According my searches, N3K has problem for having QinQ feature on a L2 Port-Channel(LACP). I want to ask Does N7710 Have this limitation?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. It refers to the GRE tunnel. Same paragraph is written under the "IP Tunnels" section. So I guess it was a copy paste in the documentation without correction.

Cheers,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No problem. N7K supports Q-in-Q on port-channels and vPC:

Q-in-Q is supported on port channels and virtual port channels (vPCs). To configure a port channel as an asymmetrical link, all ports in the port channel must have the same tunneling configuration.

Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/interfaces/config/cisco_nexus7000_interfaces_config_guide_8x/config-q-in-q-vlan-tunnels.html#reference_DB359015117B420FB7549955747879C7

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi

In the mentioned link under "Licensing Requirements for Q-in-Q VLAN Tunnels" section, It was mentioned:

IP tunnels require an Enterprise Services license.

I want to ask what is this "IP Tunnel"? GRE? does this mean the GRE tunnel sourced from the switch?

Thank you

Yes. It refers to the GRE tunnel. Same paragraph is written under the "IP Tunnels" section. So I guess it was a copy paste in the documentation without correction.

Cheers,

Sergiu