cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

aci device sync-from fails

yli7
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We built a ACI emulator, after adding it to NSO, the "sync-from" always fails with the following error:

request devices device apic1 sync-from

result false

info Failed to connect to device apic1: connection refused: Error on line 430: invalid value for: scope in /devices/device/config/cisco-apicdc:apic/cisco-apicdc:fabricInst/cisco-apicdc:monFabricPol/cisco-apicdc:monFabricTarget/cisco-apicdc:scope

I tried it on the cisco-apicdc NED version 18 - 20, all same error, anyone knows a solution? Is it a NED issue?

4 Replies 4

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like the APICDC NED doesn't understand the set value at the cisco-apicdc:scope field for this APIC.

The NED needs to be updated.

I had a quick look at the YANG model and the monFabricTarget-scope-t is an enumeration. Probably missing the value that is set for your case.

Raise a ticket and get the "scope" value that is being set here added in.

If this is a lab environment and want to just "hack it out to make progress:

1. remove the problematic scope value configuration from your APIC

2. Or Update the YANG model and add in the value that is being used to the monFabricTarget-scope-t enumeration and recompile the NED. Followed by a packages reload in NSO.

I'm seeing this error when trying to perform a sync from on an APIC running v3.0(2h). The NED I'm running is cisco-apicdc 3.0.23.

I'm happy to raise a ticket if you can point me in the right direction.

Hi There,

There is a guide on how to raise a TAC ticket

I'll try attach a version of that guide here (once I figure how to attach files). There might be newer ones around.

Regards,

Bilal.

Here is the link:

nso-tac-support-guide.pdf