cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk add/delete of devices

hayleywildsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to bulk add and delete devices from NSO? I have created an auth group, but I have over 100 devices to add to it and then fetch ssh keys, so I was wondering if there was a quicker way. Initially I tried load merge of an xml file, but this still means I have to fetch the ssh keys. I'd like a way to remove these and try again with a better method.
Has anyone done this before?

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

An XML file is certainly one good way to go. I would guess that most people with a large number of devices wrap their on boarding actions in some kind of script, especially if it is an ongoing concern.

A helpful trick is that you can perform certain operations at all devices at once, so you can do for instance: request devices fetch-ssh-host-keys to fetch all keys and request devices sync-from to synchronize all of them at once.

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

A colleague of mine made something to help assist with adding a bulk of devices to NSO.

Take a look and let me know if that helps!

https://github.com/NSO-developer/ndtplgen
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: