Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change the exec-timeout ONLY under the VTY line

I am trying to change the exec-timeout ONLY under the VTY line from 0 -15 in so service.

The problem is I can't delete the service anymore and it shows the following message:

Method failed
message: External error in the NED implementation for device PE1: command: no line vty 0 15 : % Can't delete last 5 VTY lines

Its is logic that the NED preventing users to lock the router, I am expecting when the service will be deleted, NSO NED will push a default setting to the router.

My xml code as follow: 

<vty>
<first>0</first>
<last>15</last>
<logging>
<synchronous/>
</logging>
<exec-choice>
<exec-conf>
<exec>
<prompt>
<timestamp />
</prompt>
</exec>
</exec-conf>
</exec-choice>
<exec-timeout>
<minutes>30</minutes>
</exec-timeout>
<session-timeout>
<session-timeout-value>30</session-timeout-value>
<output />
</session-timeout>
</vty>
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

snovello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you see 'external error', that is the NED telling tou the error came from the device. In this case the device does not let you remove the last vtys because that would make it unmanageable. You can check by doing a dry run outformat native and the trying the same commands on the device cli.

I suggest you remove the  service now with commit no-networking, clean up the config by hand, sync the device and change the service templates so that you leave the first 4 vtys untouched.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

snovello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you see 'external error', that is the NED telling tou the error came from the device. In this case the device does not let you remove the last vtys because that would make it unmanageable. You can check by doing a dry run outformat native and the trying the same commands on the device cli.

I suggest you remove the  service now with commit no-networking, clean up the config by hand, sync the device and change the service templates so that you leave the first 4 vtys untouched.