cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does NSO support interleaving of RPC and Notification in the same NETCONF session?

gipattas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are currently using NSO 4.7.2 in one of our projects. We see error that interleaving is not supported during capability exchange. Is there a way to enable this capability in NSO? Or is this supported in a new release of NSO?

Any pointers and suggestions how we can provide this capability with NSO 4.7.2 is highly appreciated?

Thanks

Giridhar

8 Replies 8

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is supported in confd, but as far as I can tell it is not supported in nso.

Thanks for your response.

I have seen this in NSO 4.7.2 documentation:

:interleave

ConfD implements the urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:interleave:1.0 capability, which allows the client to get send RPCs while a notification subscription is active.

This capability is disabled by default, but can be enabled in ???.

This seems to suggest that if we enable the capability in ncs.conf it should be supported. 

Is this part of documentation applicable for NSO too?

I saw that in the documentation too, but it looks like a documentation error. I would recommend reaching out to the support to have them dig into it.

Thank you very much for the response. We will raise the question to support.

In the meantime, is there any workaround by which we can get this working - eg: wrapping the northbound with another Netconf server that can handle one interleaved session on NB and two sessions to NSO on SB?

A workaround if this can work for your northbound agent would be to open two netconf sessions to NSO one for the subscription and one for the RPC

Hello, please, do you have any update on this topic? Is there any way how to enable interleave in the NSO?

Yes, in NSO 5.3 (and 5.2.1 and 4.7.6 I think) this change was introduced:

- netconf: Enabled support for notification interleaving in the NSO
    NETCONF server.

(ENG-22160, RT:38947, PS-34019)

It looks to be enabled by default, I see it in the hello message at least.

Yes, we upgraded to NSO 5.3 and we can see interleaving enabled in the capabilities