Views
Helpful
Replies

Flags with resource-manager

romain.guilloux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a package, called 'service1', in NSOv4.6 which is using resource-manager v3.3.0 to allocate id. In service1, my main.py looks like :

..some code..
# Create an allocation request. # After calling this function, you have to call response_ready # to check the availability of the allocated ID. id_allocator.id_request(service=service, svc_xpath="/service1[myname='{}']".format(service.myname), username=tctx.username, pool_name='my_index', allocation_name=service.myname, sync=False, requested_id=-1 )
# Returns the allocated ID or None my_index = id_allocator.id_read(username=tctx.username, root=root, pool_name='my_index', allocation_name=service.myname ) if not my_index: self.log.info('Index not YET allocated') return
..some code..

Now I need to push my service using three flags : commit-queue async, no-out-of-sync-check and atomic false. Unfortunately, if I perform a commit with those flags (in cli), it doesn't work : my id is well allocated but my service (service1) is not pushed to my device. There is an heritage problem of flags I think.

So how to handle this issue (if it is one, maybe it was done on purpose) ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're right, the resource manager reactive-re-deploys your service. *edit* - actually the reactive-re-deploy should honor the flags you passed. Bug?

If this is a behavior you always want on this device, is it possible to permanently enable them on the device?

Second option, can you pre-create the allocation, e.g. by using an action? That way, then the service runs, the allocated value(s) is available, and the flags should be honored.

Actually I don't want to set global settings since I have other services that can be activated at the same time.

Your second idea seems good. I'll try it, do I need Pronghorn to manage my workflow like this ?

1-input : myinput + myflags

2-action to resource my id

3-launch my service1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: