Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting error with NX ned reload

Shantha Kumar Selvaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I'm trying to install NED's and having issue with specific version of NX NED.

reload-result {

package cisco-nx

result false

info [LOAD_PACKAGE[com.tailf.packages.ned.nexus.NexusNedCli.loadSchema(Ljava/lang/Class;Z)Lcom/tailf/packages/ned/nedcom/Schema;]]

}

Appreciate any directions,the same NED works fine in another NSO instance.

Currently running same java version in all NSO instances  java-1.8.0-ibm-1.8.0.4.1-1jpp.2.el7.x86_64

1. I have tried "make clean all"  and reload package,but getting same error

2.ncs version is 4.4.2.1

4 Replies 4

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What NX NED version are you using? Do you have a lot of other NEDs loaded, i.e. could you be approaching the JavaVM memory ceiling? Is there anything relevant in the ncs-java-vm.log?

ncs-4.4.2-cisco-nx-4.5.3.signed.bin

When I see the version it shows following (cisco-nx 4.5.3)  but when i do reload it gives error that 4.5.3 is false

reload-result {

package cisco-nx

result false

info [LOAD_PACKAGE[com.tailf.packages.ned.nexus.NexusNedCli.loadSchema(Ljava/lang/Class;Z)Lcom/tailf/packages/ned/nedcom/Schema;]]

NAME       VERSION

--------------------

cisco-asa  5.3.1

cisco-ios  5.4.4

cisco-nx   4.5.3

I tried installing the same package (fresh download from the NSO Developer Hub) ncs-4.4.2-cisco-nx-4.5.3.signed.bin and it loads and reloads nicely on my NSO 4.4.2. Maybe try a fresh download+unpack of the package? Is there anything in the logs?

yes it looks like specific to the host,I 'm able to install the same in other nso instances.

I uinstalled nso and installed again then tried reloading with fresh ned's  ,it worked this time.

Looks like there was some issue with nso installation on the first time.

Thanks for the response,appreciate it