cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to achieve sync the devices from nso nodes to master node and master node keep maintain all hosts device inventory

rvijende
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have three primary and three secondary nso nodes and all these nodes maintaining device inventory.

I have a Master node it should be keep maintain all primary nodes inventory data and master node should be sync with primary nodes for maintain device information.

Please suggest how we can achieve to maintain device inventory in master node.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NSO doesn't do this out-of-the-box, so you'll need to develop a package to do this. I would suggest that you would add the device to a model similar to /ncs:devices/ncs:device. Once an entry is added to your top level device model, you might invoke an action to add/remove/modify a device on a lower node. I imagine you could invoke the action via a kicker and perhaps do this all automatically after change is detected on the master node.

-Dan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NSO doesn't do this out-of-the-box, so you'll need to develop a package to do this. I would suggest that you would add the device to a model similar to /ncs:devices/ncs:device. Once an entry is added to your top level device model, you might invoke an action to add/remove/modify a device on a lower node. I imagine you could invoke the action via a kicker and perhaps do this all automatically after change is detected on the master node.

-Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: