Views
Helpful
Replies

huawei-ned external error

netops044
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying  to connect a Huawei-switch using huawei-vrp ned. 

devices device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx
address xx.xx.xx.xx
authgroup 013217
device-type cli ned-id huawei-vrp
device-type cli protocol telnet
state admin-state unlocked
config
vrp:sysname HUAWEI
no vrp:dcn
no ios:service pad
no ios:ip domain-lookup
no ios:ip http secure-server
ios:ip source-route
!
!

But when I try to connect I get the following error:

admin@ncs(config-device-Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx)# connect
result false
info Failed to connect to device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx: connection refused: ned_external_error Read timed out

In devel.log:

I see the following logs:

<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:00:55.596 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: ncs device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx: connect: send NED connect
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:00:55.600 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb connect from Cdb-ResourceManaged-203
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:00:55.601 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb new session on operational for Cdb-ResourceManaged-20
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:01:17.333 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb end session on operational for Cdb-ResourceManaged-20
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:01:17.334 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb inactive client Cdb-ResourceManaged-203 closed
<INFO> 2-Apr-2019::19:01:17.335 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: ncs device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx: connect: device connect error

I am able to telnet the device from the shell. Is it a ned issue or I am missing some configuration??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet/ssh works from shell, correct?

I agree that you should enable device trace to raw format and attempt to connect.  You can enable verbose logging of the devel by editing the ncs.conf to <trace> instead of info.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is a timeout – probably not a NED issue but you never know. Make sure the port is set correctly and if needed turn on the device traces and look what happens in that. (set devices global-settings trace).

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet/ssh works from shell, correct?

I agree that you should enable device trace to raw format and attempt to connect.  You can enable verbose logging of the devel by editing the ncs.conf to <trace> instead of info.