Views
Helpful
Replies

I am not seeing aaa in my ncs_cli after deploying a nso 6.1 container

sahooanup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed a container using this command from root user - "docker run -itd --name cisco-nso_root -v /data/nso:/nso -v /data/nso-logs:/log -v ./ncs.conf:/etc/ncs/ncs.conf -e ADMIN_USERNAME=admin -e ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin -e CRON_ENABLE=true -e LOGROTATE_ENABLE=true  cisco-nso-dev:6.1.

My container is up and running but I can not see aaa in my ncs_cli , for which I can not configure anything in my ncs cli.

Please suggest what could be the issue . Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jesus Illescas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like a permissions issue, which groups the user you used on the container has? what's the output of 'groups'?

You can also enter the ncs_cli specifying the group the user belongs to ncs_cli -C -u developer -g ncsadmin

Take a look at the playground https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/devenv/CiscoDevNet/NSO-Playground-System-Install which is also a container running 6.1.2.1 it can help you to compare the config that is applied there vs what you have.

Jesus Illescas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To add to my previous answer, make sure your user if part of the groups 'ncsadmin'

sahooanup
Level 1
Level 1

@Jesus Illescas  I can see only these two groups 
builduser@lab-docker-temp1:~$ groups
builduser docker
builduser@lab-docker-temp1:~$

I can not see ncsadmin

@sahooanup ,
EDIT: I notice that you are mounting the /nso run-time directory. What is in your /nso/run/cdb/aaa_init.xml (or equivalent) config?
If you want to be able to use the admin user over SSH, in your ncs.conf, make sure that /ncs-conf/aaa/local-authentication is enabled. Example:

<aaa>
  <local-authentication>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </local-authentication>
</aaa>

See the Administration Guide for more details.

@cohult Here is my details - 
root@766e0ca4be96:/nso/run/cdb# ls
A.cdb C.cdb O.cdb S.cdb aaa_init.xml add_admin_user.xml compact.lock
root@766e0ca4be96:/nso/run/cdb#

I am attaching the aaa_init.xml for your reference.

Also here is my aaa configs in ncs.conf : -
<aaa>
<ssh-server-key-dir>${NCS_CONFIG_DIR}/ssh</ssh-server-key-dir>
<!-- Depending on OS - and also depending on user requirements -->
<!-- the pam service value value must be tuned. -->
<pam>
<enabled>false</enabled>
<service>common-auth</service>
</pam>
<external-authentication>
<enabled>false</enabled>
<executable>my-test-auth.sh</executable>
</external-authentication>
<local-authentication>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</local-authentication>
<expiration-warning>prompt</expiration-warning>
</aaa>

Also I want to add if I am not mounting /nso , then I can see aaa in ncs cli and I can configure everything normally in my ncs cli. Inside nso we have coredumps, etc and run, and inside run we have INSTALLATION-LOG, backups, cdb , packages rollbacks, scripts, state, storedstate, streams and  target. If i am mounting everything other than cdb then aaa is coming in my ncs cli. That means cdb is creating issue.

@sahooanup, it could be that when you mount the /nso dir:

1. You run the container without the -e ADMIN_USERNAME=admin flag.
  2. The /nso/run/cdb/C.cdb (and A.cdb O.cdb S.cdb) persisted CDB config file is created without the admin user configured.
  3. Next time you run the container, you use the -e ADMIN_USERNAME=admin flag, which will add the/nso/run/cdb/add_admin_user.xml file, but since the *.cdb files exist in the /nso/run/cdb directory, no XML files are loaded into CDB when NSO start, and the admin user is not configured.

Either:

• Load the add_admin_user.xml using, for example the ncs_load command:
    docker exec -it cisco-nso_root ncs_load -dd -m -l /nso/run/cdb/add_admin_user.xml
  • Use the noaaa option:
    docker exec -it cisco-nso_root ncs_cli -u superduperuser --noaaa -C
  • Delete all (warning) the existing configuration nso/run/cdb/*.cdb files before running the container to make NSO initialize from the XML files in the nso/run/cdb directory.

@cohult  so when I mount the /nso as volume while creating container, I can not see AAA in my ncs_cli. Also i can not see any nacm configs.

admin@ncs# show running-config nacm
-------------------------------^
syntax error: element does not exist
admin@ncs# exit

so I configured the nacm manually like this

root@ff87fc285371:/# ncs_cli -Cu admin --noaaa
admin@ncs(config)# nacm rule-list admin
admin@ncs(config-rule-list-admin)# group [ ncsadmin ]
admin@ncs(config-rule-list-admin)# rule any-access
Value for 'action' [deny,permit]: permit
admin@ncs(config-rule-any-access)# exit
admin@ncs(config-rule-list-admin)# cmdrule any-command
Value for 'action' [deny,permit]: permit
admin@ncs(config-cmdrule-any-command)# commit

After configuring the above I am able to see nacm details and also the AAA.

But I dont want to do this manually. I want I should get the aaa or nacm details by default even if i mount the /nso as volume while creating container. 
please suggest how to do that .
thanks.