cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

looking for best practices to migrate NSO services from cisco ios-xe to cisco ios-xr devices

GBiscardi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for NSO best practices to migrate service configuration data from cisco ios-xe platform routers to cisco ios-xr  ones. I've just planned to modify services' templates to satisfy different configurations based on platform, in order to manage a mixed architecture (old ones and new ones mixed together), but I 've no idea about the best way to migrate service configurations from old routers to new ones. Is there someone who could help me?

Thanks to whoever could give me a contribution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Disclaimer: I’m a product manager, and not a solution architect ☺

The Fastmap algorithm makes this trivial, and this is always part of every NSO demo I do. I often use

examples.ncs/getting-started/developing-with-ncs/17-mpls-vpn-python
I create a VPN with end points on CE0 (connected to PE0, an IOS XR device) and CE4 (connected to PE2, a JunOS device). Then I reconnect CE4 to PE1, which is an IOS XR device, and redeploy the service. This will remove the JunOS config from PE2 and apply the corresponding IOS XR config on PE1.

Cheers,
KJ.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Disclaimer: I’m a product manager, and not a solution architect ☺

The Fastmap algorithm makes this trivial, and this is always part of every NSO demo I do. I often use

examples.ncs/getting-started/developing-with-ncs/17-mpls-vpn-python
I create a VPN with end points on CE0 (connected to PE0, an IOS XR device) and CE4 (connected to PE2, a JunOS device). Then I reconnect CE4 to PE1, which is an IOS XR device, and redeploy the service. This will remove the JunOS config from PE2 and apply the corresponding IOS XR config on PE1.

Cheers,
KJ.