cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manage Cisco Switch supporting NetConf using NSO - Getting "Device does not have a Network Element Driver registered" on connect

santpati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I want to configure Cisco Switch 9200 which support NetConf using NSO.

I have added the device with device-type netconf and able to add ssh-key .

But i see following error when i do "check sync" or "sync-from" 

admin@ncs# config
Entering configuration mode terminal
admin@ncs(config)# devices device Switch-c9200
admin@ncs(config-device-Switch-c9200)# sync-from
result false
info Device Switch-c9200 does not have a Network Element Driver registered
admin@ncs(config-device-Switch-c9200)#

====

This is device config : 

admin@ncs# show running-config devices device Switch-c9200
devices device Switch-c9200
address 10.106.30.25
port 830
ssh host-key ssh-rsa
key-data "AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQC4pAwaSspvTQXoow4aY/mEid+ODz2M1na46NfV+03W\nYcvxBRrvN344cRwDcI4RkexMn+aJDnIWVIM22ezOBXQbt5AyJzJn80My3QPulhmRSfdS6jM1\nJ8OH/nrMb/GrkhXuMylwRWA5p9k/BuozJZDNIjjKFqgVK/9DONtadapRwzisoT+are+lgRfn\nORBo2RtnqoE7tcx+7l4HIuAOmDYijxwpNBHLCIWxEcrttyI1f0XaPjTVYiah9zkKnT8LCIvf\ngQJ9PPxvhU/zx+0P9D1Q7IJREayyAF/LI93qG6LFchV0TEdq/E91Z5VjUo0paoX/KIBA0a4B\nHA1x+cxIyChv"
!
authgroup c9200
device-type netconf
trace pretty
state admin-state unlocked
config
no ios:service password-encryption
no ios:cable admission-control preempt priority-voice
no ios:cable qos permission create
no ios:cable qos permission update
no ios:cable qos permission modems
ios:ip source-route
no ios:ip cef
no ios:ip forward-protocol nd
no ios:ipv6 cef
no ios:dot11 syslog
!
!

=== 

Is there any good documention on how to add and oprate NETCONF supported Cisco device from NSO ? 

For NetConf supproted device - we need to generate NETCONF NED ? how to geneate that NED ?

Thanks,
Santosh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right, you can't "automatically" manage a NETCONF device. NSO still needs to have the modules you want to manage from the device. So basically you need to build a NETCONF NED. You can check out the pioneer package to help you with that. https://github.com/NSO-developer/pioneer

Thanks,

-Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Your questions suggest that you already know this, but I think that you are completely missing a netconf NED.

So, there is a chapter called "Creating a NETCONF NED Package” in the development guide, that is a good start, it is very short but to the point.

You might also want to experiment with the pioneer package that has been discussed before in the community.

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right, you can't "automatically" manage a NETCONF device. NSO still needs to have the modules you want to manage from the device. So basically you need to build a NETCONF NED. You can check out the pioneer package to help you with that. https://github.com/NSO-developer/pioneer

Thanks,

-Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: