cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify service when some devices are unreachable

ryan-hitch
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to modify a service where several devices configured with that service are currently unreachable due to a network outage. I am making changes only to other devices which are currently reachable, but keep getting a timeout for the unreachable devices when trying to commit changes. How can I configure NSO to ignore these unreachable devices which are not even being modified by the service change? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure the service doesn't touch the other devices (commit dry-run outformat native)?

A couple of work arounds. You can southbound lock the devices (devices device fo state admin-state southbound-locked) or enable commit queues. With cq enabled, NSO "accepts" that devices are unreachable and will retry in the background. Please note that enabling cq introduces a different behavior for e.g. error handling.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure the service doesn't touch the other devices (commit dry-run outformat native)?

A couple of work arounds. You can southbound lock the devices (devices device fo state admin-state southbound-locked) or enable commit queues. With cq enabled, NSO "accepts" that devices are unreachable and will retry in the background. Please note that enabling cq introduces a different behavior for e.g. error handling.