cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NETCONF sync-from the device problem?

ivonagutesa
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed NSO 4.5 and I have cisco virtual router CSR 1000V with IOS XE 16.3.5. I have installed cisco-ios package from package/ned NSO directory. With that package, I was able to find, sync and configure the CSR1000V,for the device-type I choose ne-type: cli and ned-id: cisco-ios (installed package) protocol: ssh. Next, I tried the NETCONF communication between NSO and CSR.For device-type I choose ne-type: netconf and ned-id: netconf.I could find and connect to the device but I have problem with sync-from. The problem was manifesting that once I could sync-from the device and once I could not. When I could not sync-from the device i got the following message: ALARM connection-failure: Device 10.14.2.221 does not advertise any known YANG modules. In the following lines you can find the output of devices sync-from command.

admin@ncs# devices sync-from   

sync-result {

device 10.14.2.221

result false

info Device 10.14.2.221 does not advertise any known YANG modules

}

admin@ncs# *** ALARM connection-failure: Device 10.14.2.221 does not advertise any known YANG modules

sync-result {

device 10.14.2.221

result true

}

sync-result {

device 10.14.2.221

result false

info Device 10.14.2.221 does not advertise any known YANG modules

}

sync-result {

device 10.14.2.221

result true

}

Next I have done is I have downloaded YANG module cisco-mpls-fwd from the https://github.com/YangModels/yang/blob/master/vendor/cisco/xe/1632/cisco-mpls-fwd.yang. After I made a package for the module and compile it and reloded NSO packages the problem with sync-from disapeared, so I could sync-from the device every time. I tried to configure interfaces by building and compiling package from the ietf-interfaces module (https://github.com/opendaylight/mdsal/blob/master/model/ietf/ietf-interfaces/src/main/yang/ietf-interfaces.yang). After reloading the interface package into NSO the sync-from could not be done because of the error:  info 10.14.2.221: invalid value for: type in /ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name='10.14.2.221']/ncs:config/if:interfaces/if:interface[if:name='GigabitEthernet1']/if:type: "ianaift:ethernetCsmacd" is not a valid value.

sync-result {

device 10.14.2.221

result false

info 10.14.2.221: invalid value for: type in /ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name='10.14.2.221']/ncs:config/if:interfaces/if:interface[if:name='GigabitEthernet1']/if:type: "ianaift:ethernetCsmacd" is not a valid value.

}

On CSR1000V I have 3 GigabitEthernet interfaces.

Can someone help me with the sync-from and interface config problems?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There,

NSO can communicate with the device using the data-models that the device actually supports, which depends on the the operating system and version running on it.

There are two ways to go about it:

1. Get the latest data-models available for IOS-XE and build a NETCONF NED using these models (https://github.com/YangModels/yang/tree/master/vendor/cisco/xe/1662).

2. Use the Pioneer package which queries the device (get-schema), retrieves the data-models supported and builds a NED.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There,

NSO can communicate with the device using the data-models that the device actually supports, which depends on the the operating system and version running on it.

There are two ways to go about it:

1. Get the latest data-models available for IOS-XE and build a NETCONF NED using these models (https://github.com/YangModels/yang/tree/master/vendor/cisco/xe/1662).

2. Use the Pioneer package which queries the device (get-schema), retrieves the data-models supported and builds a NED.

Thanks.