Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NETCONF/YANG

Hello everyone,

I am still new in the NETCONF/YANG and NSO field and I would like to ask some questions:

1- How am I supposed to edit the YANG file?

2- I have made a NETCONF device on NSO but how would I like to manipulate the configurations?

I would really appreciate it if someone provided me with real examples of changing the basic configuration on the devices by NETCONF/YANG such as (adding interfaces and IP etc).

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Concerning your first question , are you talking about editing yang inside a package ? or something else ? 

Concerning your second question , it depend on your vendor. On some vendor, you have some CLI command that allow you to translate CLI command to NETCONF. Otherwise a simple solution:

1. You have to use a NETCONF NED and CLI NED . 
  2. You onboard the device two times using ( device using CLI NED and another using NETCONF ) that refer to the same device
  3. You do a sync-from for the 2 devices
  4.  You edit the device using CLI NED 
  5. You do a compare-config  outformat XML on the device that using the NETCONF NED and you will get the XML  template

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Concerning your first question , are you talking about editing yang inside a package ? or something else ? 

Concerning your second question , it depend on your vendor. On some vendor, you have some CLI command that allow you to translate CLI command to NETCONF. Otherwise a simple solution:

1. You have to use a NETCONF NED and CLI NED . 
  2. You onboard the device two times using ( device using CLI NED and another using NETCONF ) that refer to the same device
  3. You do a sync-from for the 2 devices
  4.  You edit the device using CLI NED 
  5. You do a compare-config  outformat XML on the device that using the NETCONF NED and you will get the XML  template

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: