Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NETCONF/YANG

Hello everyone,

I am still new in the NETCONF/YANG and NSO field and I would like to ask some questions:

1- How am I supposed to edit the YANG file?

2- I have made a NETCONF device on NSO but how would I like to manipulate the configurations?

I would really appreciate it if someone provided me with real examples of changing the basic configuration on the devices by NETCONF/YANG such as (adding interfaces and IP etc).

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Concerning your first question , are you talking about editing yang inside a package ? or something else ? 

Concerning your second question , it depend on your vendor. On some vendor, you have some CLI command that allow you to translate CLI command to NETCONF. Otherwise a simple solution:

1. You have to use a NETCONF NED and CLI NED . 
  2. You onboard the device two times using ( device using CLI NED and another using NETCONF ) that refer to the same device
  3. You do a sync-from for the 2 devices
  4.  You edit the device using CLI NED 
  5. You do a compare-config  outformat XML on the device that using the NETCONF NED and you will get the XML  template

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Concerning your first question , are you talking about editing yang inside a package ? or something else ? 

Concerning your second question , it depend on your vendor. On some vendor, you have some CLI command that allow you to translate CLI command to NETCONF. Otherwise a simple solution:

1. You have to use a NETCONF NED and CLI NED . 
  2. You onboard the device two times using ( device using CLI NED and another using NETCONF ) that refer to the same device
  3. You do a sync-from for the 2 devices
  4.  You edit the device using CLI NED 
  5. You do a compare-config  outformat XML on the device that using the NETCONF NED and you will get the XML  template