Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO for datacenter switching to ACI conversion

ron.whitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts: 

I have a customer who is preparing for a large scale DC migration off of 6500, 4500, Nexus 7k (5k and 2k) and moving over to a new ACI spine / leaf network.  They are a current NSO user and would like to know how NSO could benefit the migration.  I'm looking for any guidance on how NSO could be applied, if it's been done before and what would be the benefits of using NSO for such a migration.  

Thanks

1 Reply 1

rslaski
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm pretty sure that having NSO in da house would be beneficial if the customer has already heterogeneous (i.e. spanning multiple type devices, routers/switches/firewalls, and multiple DCs) services deployed with NSO. Then having service logic  already described, with ACI NED, transition to the new ACI construct model should be much simpler. I haven't used ACI NED yet, however I have dealt with brownfield-to-ACI migration by reverse engineering individual device configs, and I wished I have had NSO there. That was fun as hell.

robert,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: