cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO Installation requirements

RichardD2
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have hardware/vm specs for installing NSO on laptop for development. I.e. not in production.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no formal requirements, but here are some advise that has worked well for me.

It runs on pretty much any modern Mac or Linux laptop, just make sure you have at least 8 GB of memory. More memory allows you to run larger netsim environments so 16GB is a plus - especially if you run eclipse or intellij for your development. If you run Windows and want to run a linux VM I'd recommend 16GB.

The CPU doesn't matter much until you start scaling, anything except the very most low-end should work, only x86-64 though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no formal requirements, but here are some advise that has worked well for me.

It runs on pretty much any modern Mac or Linux laptop, just make sure you have at least 8 GB of memory. More memory allows you to run larger netsim environments so 16GB is a plus - especially if you run eclipse or intellij for your development. If you run Windows and want to run a linux VM I'd recommend 16GB.

The CPU doesn't matter much until you start scaling, anything except the very most low-end should work, only x86-64 though.