cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial running config is reflecting in NSO

chreddy@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a case where some of the configuration that is present in my XE device is not reflecting in NSO.

I added CSR1000V running IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.01. I added it to my NSO 4.5.6 which is already have IOS NED version 3.0.0.3.

I had done sync from NSO against the device. I could not see all the running-configuration in NSO that is present in the device.

Snippet of the config I have in device the is not shown in NSO:

domain test
  vrf default
    master hub
   source-interface Loopback1
   site-prefixes prefix-list DC1-PREFIXES

I tried to configure the same from NSO. I do not see option to issue this config from NSO.

admin@ncs(config-config)# ios:d?
  Possible completions:
  ios:disable-eadi -
  ios:dot1x - IEEE 802.1X Global Configuration Commands
  ios:dot11 - IEEE 802.11 config commands

Below is the output (snippet) of "show packages package build-info":

devices device MC-Router1
  state oper-state enabled
  state transaction-mode ned
  state last-transaction-id d936be0c25834dc98430ff3cfe5e8dd8

Sync is working as expected:

admin@ncs# devices device MC-Router1 sync-from
  result true

NED status output:

admin@ncs# show devices device MC-Router1 state
  state oper-state enabled
  state transaction-mode ned
  state last-transaction-id d936be0c25834dc98430ff3cfe5e8dd8

Can you please let know if I had to execute any additional steps in NSO to reflects all the possible configuration options that are present in the XE device? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect that the portion of the configs being referred to is not modelled in the NED. You could try the latest version of the NED to see if the issue still exists.

Another way to ascertain what is missing in a given CLI NED's model is to switch on device traces in NSO and then do a sync-from. In the trace log file generated for that device, it will show the lines of configs that are missing.

The NED doesn't cover all of the configuration state of a given platform/family. We update it to cover the configs that customers are interested in (for example no point of modelling appletalk configs in the IOS NED).

A ticket is raised to get the NED's model extended.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect that the portion of the configs being referred to is not modelled in the NED. You could try the latest version of the NED to see if the issue still exists.

Another way to ascertain what is missing in a given CLI NED's model is to switch on device traces in NSO and then do a sync-from. In the trace log file generated for that device, it will show the lines of configs that are missing.

The NED doesn't cover all of the configuration state of a given platform/family. We update it to cover the configs that customers are interested in (for example no point of modelling appletalk configs in the IOS NED).

A ticket is raised to get the NED's model extended.

Hi Alam, would like to update that, the configuration (domain specific) I was looking for, is visible after upgrading the ios ned from 3.0.0.3 to 6.0.11. Thanks a lot for the solution.

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is an example on how to switch on traces and browse the generated log file:

admin@ncs(config)# devices device PEsim0
admin@ncs(config-device-PEsim0)# trace raw
admin@ncs(config-device-PEsim0)# commit
Commit complete.
admin@ncs(config-device-PEsim0)# disconnect
admin@ncs(config-device-PEsim0)# connect
result true
info (admin) Connected to PEsim0 - 127.0.0.1:10022
admin@ncs(config-device-PEsim0)# sync-from
result true
admin@ncs(config-device-PEsim0)#

balam@nso-dev:~/vpn_demo/logs$ less ned-cisco-ios-xr-PEsim0.trace

Alam, thanks a lot for the info and steps to enable trace for generating logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: