Views
Helpful
Replies

Running db may be inconsistent

ryan-hitch
Level 4
Level 4

NSO 4.5.5.1

I am seeing the following in ncs_cli on the "master" in a high availability configuration just after adding a "slave".

--- WARNING ------------------------------------------------------
Running db may be inconsistent. Enter configuration mode and
load a saved configuration.
------------------------------------------------------------------

NSO appears to be operating normally and users are able to make changes without issue. Is there a way to correct the issue without restoring a backup as changes to the system have been made since the last backup?

I see that this person restored a backup to correct the issue:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/jive-developer-archive/database-inconsistency-database-locked/td-p/3513452

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Opened a TAC case. They advised removing the "running.invalid" file from /var/opt/ncs/state which appears to have resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Did you apply changes recently and are aware of all changes done? Can you perform a rollback to see if that resolves the issue?

Devel.log should share some useful info as to what is occurring. I'd recommend simply restart NSO or ensuring your devices are all in-sync with no compare-config diff.

Opened a TAC case. They advised removing the "running.invalid" file from /var/opt/ncs/state which appears to have resolved the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: