cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating/NEDs/etc

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

Don't know if I am missing something or not.  But how do you go about getting NSO updates?  also, where can you get to the full list of NEDs or are there only 6 of them.

7 Replies 7

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

I don't believe there is a publicly available list of NEDs, but you can assume that there is a NED for a large majority of vendors. Depending on customer's request, they may create a NED for a specific vendor if it currently does not exist.

For NSO updates, I'm not entirely sure how customers receive updates since from TAC, we are enlisted in internal mailers. I assume upon downloading/receiving NSO, you may be listed in an external facing mailer that will let you know updates regarding to the product.

Let me know if this was helpful.

Thank you.

So is there a place to get the other NED's besides the 6 that come with the install?

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don’t think so. Unless you have purchased the other NEDs, then you should be given a link by your account team which will direct you to download the software.

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
https://www.cisco.com/cisco/support/notifications/addedit.html

I believe this is what you are looking for.

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The handful of NEDs that ship with NSO are very limited, and suitable only for running the examples. For real deployments you would need the production grade NEDs which are updated weekly.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of NEDs: https://community.cisco.com/t5/nso-developer-hub-documents/device-types-supported-by-cisco-nso-neds/ta-p/3641664

We have external mailing lists with NED announcements, and customers and partners can be added to these lists.

so for the devnet version we have no access to the actual NED's that we would use in production? seems a little counterproductive to develop and test against something that we won't use in production.

The intention of the free DevNet version is to let you experiment with it so that you can determine if NSO is the right tool for your problem space. Once you decide it is, then you can purchase a lab version to develop your production system.