cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we assign default vlan 1 to use any vlans ??

esic_dco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created a VM's in UCSM  and assign them to Vnic 1 . when I  assigned vlan 27 to Vnic 1 it gives no response but when I assigned  to  default vlan 1 as native vlan, it's start pinging. Is it safe to use default vlan 1 as native vlan ??

3 Replies 3

Hi ,

Let's start with how your UCSM is connected over the networks? There must be a Fabric Interconnect in between the DC Core switching and your UCS fabric?
Did you create and pass the vlans To and From FI ( Fabric Interconnect ) ? Please check this and update.

It is not recommended to use the default vlan 1 and is also not secure to follow that approach.

Regards.

Hi Syed,

Thanks for the reply, Yes, we have two FI connected to both core switch. Also Vlans are created at both end. Host machine is already pinging with same vlan 27 as native. But when assigning same to Vm , its give not response unless i assigned it to default vlan.

Regards,

Aman.

Thanks for the update Aman, before we go in to details, I would request you if you could share the below outputs from FI and Core switches connecting each other over trunk.

1- Trunk port allowed vlans
2- Trunk port forwarded vlans

Please mark all the helpful responses

Regards