Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 will work with 9200L

HI ALL,

I have on Cisco 2960X 24 port switch .Now I want to buy one 48 port switch .I am planing to buy 9200L.

and provide uplink will SFP ( 1Gb ) . Will it work ? ( 2960X computer need to talk with 9200L computer)

Please advise 

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2960X cannot be stacked with a 9200L.  Both can be connected, using ethernet cable, and they will both act independently.

Hey leon, we have a 2960 x which we are trying to connect to a new 9200L via fiber and SFP. I cant get them to link. I used an older 3500 series switch and it linked right away, so I know my fiber and SFP are good. Can you give some insight into how to get then to link via fiber?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to @Leo Laohoo  comment, good to create a port-channle with 2 Links so you have resiliance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

perkin
Level 1
Level 1

it works

as long as you are using port-channel kind of "uplink" should be ok, and I quite like this, small switch low power usage. :)

I'm in the same situation. We just got a new 9200L and I tried to link it via fiber and SFP. But it wont link, I made both ports trunks. I had another older switch which we used to test and it linked right away to the 2960. Is there a config command chain to make them link.

We just got a new 9200L and I tried to link it via fiber and SFP. But it wont link, I made both ports trunks. I had another older switch which we used to test and it linked right away to the 2960. Is there a config command chain to make them link.

Can you explain more with configuration to look, try no speed negotiation  auto

BB

Do I use the the command "no speed negotiation auto" while in the conf t int of the target port?

example : change the interface

config t

interface gix/x

no negotiation auto

shut

no shut

end

!

BB

Thank you , I just ended up moving the SFP to a 3560 uplink port instead of on the 2960. Once I did this I got link right away.

Glad all working as expected.

BB