cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10 second delay with 7digit numbers

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

If I use the 9.@ route pattern, I get a 10 second delay before 7digit numbers are passed to the GW. Is there a way to eliminate the delay? I would like to keep route patterns and dial-peers to as few as possible and still do NANP and 911 without an access code.

5 Replies 5

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to Route Plan -> Route Filter you should see a 7 digit dialing filter on the left. When selected, on the right you should see everything is NOT-SELECTED, except for one item: LOCAL-AREA-CODE and it should be set to DOES-NOT-EXIST.

Then go to Route Plan -> Route Pattern, select your 9.@ on the left, then on the right for Route Filter, select 7 digit dialing. Click Update. Note that if you are pointing your pattern to a Route List then you can do this at any time. If you are pointing your pattern directly to the gateway device, it will trigger a reset and drop all active calls.

Thanks, So I need:

9.@

9.@ local area code == 816

9.@ local area code == 913

9.@ local area code not exist

and a 911

Does this sound right?

Okay, now is the time for more information. Let's see if we can get answers to the following questions:

1) What are code are you in?

2) Is there more than one area code that you call that is "local" to you?

3) If yes, then do you have to dial 10 digits to reach the "other" local area code(s)?

4) Do you have to dial 10 digits to dial within your own area code?

1. 913

2. yes 816

3. yes

4. no, but many people do and it is coming soon

Then it sounds like your list of what patterns to have will work. But you don't need the 911 because the "services" like 411/611/911/etc are included in the @

Once they take away 7 digit dialing for within the 913 area code, then you would want to delete the LOCAL-AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST pattern.