cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 locks up when logging into extension mobility

thoover
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into a problem when users try logging into extension mobility from a 7940. Some times the phone will lock up and we have to unplug the phone to get it to reboot. This does not happen all the time but it is pretty consistent. We are running CCM 3.3(2).

Todd

5 Replies 5

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend upgrading to CCM 3.3.3, this is 3.3.2 spd, then trouble shoot the EM.

We will consider upgrading to CCM 3.3.3 if we can't find another solution first. It usually locks up on us when it is trying to register. The phone reads "Registration rejected" and it completly locks up.

how would u know if its resolved in CM 3.3.3? have u had the same issue and was rectified in CM 3.3.3? its a big hassle to upgrade 3.3.2 to 3.3.3,involving extended downtime. i would appreciate if folks would refrain from "upgrade" suggestions unless its been certifed by TAC that the issue(s) can be resolved by an upgrade or patch. Else, liaise with TAC and continue troubleshooting.

sean.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Are you running any kind of user locale other than usa? I've had a problem whereby the phone would do a complete reset. This was only resolved by installing the locale installer files onto all the servers in the cluster.

Paul

Have you checked to make sure that the Hotelier profile specifies the IP address and not the hostname for the EM CRA login service.

I came across a similar problem, whereby the EM phones would not login, they remain in a state or requesting login, it was only when you manually reset the phone that it logged it, the same applied when logging out.

As mentioned above, this was simply caused by the IP phone attempting to resolve the DNS name of the CRA. After amending the Hoteling Profile URL to point to the IP address of the login service, problem was resolved.