cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 with 6 lines - display all 6 all of the time

c3max
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know how to keep an active call from monopolizing the screen? I have 2 users that share the responsibility of answering 5 lines. When these lines are active on one phone the other phone can see it as well as the first line of caller id info for each line, until the phone rings. When the phone rings it takes over most of the screen and you can't see anything about the other lines except, if you can see the difference between the on-hook and off-hook icons, you can tell if the line is active or not. They want the screen to stay the same, so they can see some of the caller id info for the other lines when they are answering a different line.

4 Replies 4

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

If you have several lines on the same phone with calls currently on hold, you should see that the right-hand side of each line has the 2 diagonal arrows pointing at each other. This signifies that the line is currently on hold. You should be able to see these arrows for ALL the lines that are on hold. These arrows are displayed physically next to the actual hard buttons, per line. You should not have to "scroll" to see which calls are currently on hold. All a user would have to do is press the physical button next to the actual line in question to resume the call.

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think there is a way to permanently make the screen stay the same, but one thing you can do is to push the line button of the line you are on, which will temporarily (for 3 or 5 sec) change the screen back to 'normal' which allows you to see the rest of the calls taking place as you did before you answered the call.

It's not perfect, but it helps.

Lelio

Don't forget to rate posts if they help you out.

By any chance is your cluster running on CCM version 3.3.X ?

I work with version 3.1.2 and 3.3.2...both of which are lacking features that are needed for end users.

For example on a 7960 phone, a call will come on the top DN 1, call ID works well, but once I answer this DN and it is active, all additional new calls that roll over to the DNs below, will only display the Caller ID (one line) for a brief 2-3 seconds at the very, very bottom of the phone, then disappears, and can't see the call presented on DN 2 and the same is for DN 3, DN 4, DN 5, DN 6. This is a stupid implemenation - which was corrected by CISCO in version 4.0.X

On version 4.0.X while on a call, the screen will shrink, and you can see the caller ID on DN 2, and if you are on DN 1 and DN 2 and a call comes in on DN 3, again the screen shrinks, allowing you to see the caller ID on DN 3, and so forth. CISCO is slow at providing features that in my option are commonly taken for granted...but they are getting there.

Very little of the phone's asthetics is controlled by the version of call manager. I'm guessing with your callmanager upgrade you had some phone upgrades as well. These phoneloads are likely what changed things.

We're using 3.3.4 now but will be going to 4.1.3 sometime soon.