cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 delay problem

jslagle
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any insight to why my 7970 users experience a delay when answering an incoming call or resuming a call that was on hold? the 7960 users are not effected. 7970's are running the latest firmware.. CM 4.02a sr1 this is happening on all of our clusters....

Thanks

11 Replies 11

jslagle
Level 1
Level 1

bump ^^

I have had this same issue running CCM4.01sr2a and 7970 OS 6-0-2sr1.

TAC was unable to provide an answer other than "have you loaded the most currrent phone os."

Are you using H.323 for your gateway? If so, go to CallManager > Service Parameters > Cisco CallManager > Advanced > H323 Faststart Inbound > Set that from False to True.

amansharma
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Reading your Post ,I am thinking that Your having Audio cut through issues ,so can narrow this down by checking whether this is happenning for ip to ip calls or ip to pstn calls ,As Only the 7970 are having issues ,It wont be bad idea getting a sniffer trace from the back of the phone and a matching detailed ccm trace to see when is callmanager sending a StartMedia transmission message and when the phone actually starts streaming rtp packets and If u see a variance in that ,provide all the traces to Tac ,so that this can be addressed ,I am presuming that you are allready 6.0.2 sr1 load for the 7970.

I hope this helps,

Thanks

Aman

Well, Looks like this might be a firmware issue. I opened a TAC case and they sent me a es firmware load for the 7970's.. I will try this and then post my findings.

Thanks

darren.ward
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue, applied ES24 and the 7970 issues were resolved immediately.

What we saw was a delay in buttons pressed to the screen and sometimes missing numbers if types too fast.

All gone now with ES24 for 4.02 stream.

Update.. I applied the ES Firmware to the 7970 Phones and it solved the delay problem.

ES = TERM70.6-0-2ES7-12s

Hi,

Can someone put the link to download this ES file?

Can't seem to find it.

Even better if someone can email me at

eugene612@gmail.com

Thanks!

Eugene

Update. :)

I gotten the ES patch for the phone and it also has solved my delay issues with the 7970 phones.

Thanks all.

Eugene

Hi Forum !

I would like the firmware as well as i'm having the same kind og problems.

Would someone be kind o mail it to tom.klitgaard@gmail.com

thanx in advange

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention the ES file i got is from cisco TAC. Think it would be better to get it from them.

Regards,

Eugene