cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing CDR database from Unix boxes on 4.0

jirka.novak
Level 1
Level 1

We have billing application for CallManager. We are using it for long time with 3.x CCM. Application works on Unix and accessing CDR database with ODBC drivers and default documented user. For this access SQL server requires authorization mode 'SQL server and Windows'.

Now on CCM 4.0, Cisco switched authorization mode to 'Windows only' and changed default users. In documentation is advised to use 'Trusted connection' to bypass this. But trusted connections works only on Window to Windows box.

Default users were changed too. In documentation for 4.0 CDR, there is noted user CiscoCCMCDR. It worked on 3.x, but on CCM 4.0 there is no one.

Did anyone resolved this?

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Looks like a bug. Did you check for similar bugs in the Bug Tool kit.

wazabazab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been looking for a billing application for CCM. Could you tell me the name of the application that you are using?

Thanks

Walid

gstarr
Level 1
Level 1

I know that this is an old question, but am new to the forum and was browsing. One way to accomplish this is to change the SQL server itself back to SQL Server and Windows Authentication.

I consulted TAC on this and got mixed replies as to whether there would be any ramifications. They advised to change it in off hours (after making a full backup) and then trying some database operations (such as adding a user etc.) If that worked they suggested making sure that Publisher -> Subscriber replication still works.

We did that and have not encountered any problems and the cost accounting system is working correctly.