cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a Service to CallManager with AXL SOAP API

sscheube
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to add a Cisco IP Phone Service to the CallManager with AXL SOAP API? Or maybe with JTAPI? And if yes how can i do that?

11 Replies 11

rpanigrahi
Level 1
Level 1

I have scanned the AXL API documentation. I could not find any API to create a Cisco IP Phone Service. However does any one have any idea how to subscribe a Cisco IP Phone Service to an IP Phone using AXL API? Is it possible to change the default values of the parameters of the service while subscribing the service to the IP Phone?

I don't know if there is a better way of subscribing to a service, but the way I did it is by updating the phone's configuration with the additional service.

Hope this helps,

SK

I have yet to use most of the AXL functions, but so far I've not yet discovered any command that could be used to configure services. However, there might be a solution: have a look at the ccmadmin webpages that allow you to add a service to a phone.. perhaps this can be implemented in an application.

I have found the solution. The parameters can be appended to the service url. We can use the SERVICE parameter in the updatePhone AXL API..But we need to specify the semicolon (;) in between parameters and parse the same in the ASP Page of IP Phone Service...Hope that it will be useful to other..

Are you refering to the servicesURL element in updatePhone? Be careful with that.. it changes the entry page a user gets to when pressing the services button.. that'll work as long as there's only one service used.. but if you use any other service (extension mobility, etc.), you'll no longer have access to all the configured services but the one you put into the service url.

No, I am not refering to the serviceURL property. I am refering to the SERVICE property of the updatePhone AXL API. This parameter takes two elements - Service Name and Service URL. It is equivalent to subscribing services to IP Phone as in Call Manager. The only limitation is that, we need to concat the service parameters in the service URL. hence Call Manager does not diffrentiate between the URL and the parameters. Hence the table TelecasterSubscribedServiceParameter table in MS-SQL Server of Call manager will not get updated.Infact it would be great if AXL API could have the facility to specify the values for parameters. A COM+ Object that encapsulate the complexity of AXL would be helpful to the developers to use the AXL versality in their programme.

ahh.. you mean the tag (there's no all caps xml tags and the realy threw me off track)

And I'd like to have a full set of Java classes rather than COM ;) I don't recall any specific names but there are tools to turn the WSDL into a set of classes automatically.

You might try castor.org to convert the axlapi.wsdl to java classes. I haven't tried it myself, but there is another post that states it works. None of the Microsoft tools can seem to handle the way Cisco built the axlapi.wsdl and accompanying .xsd files with their "include" and "import" statements.

hi,

in a previous version of one of our products, I used castor to create a java class library from the schema files. but for the latest version of call manager (4.1) , i used JAXB. works really well. just be aware that there are plenty of errors in the cisco schema files, so the only way to get it to work is to keep modifying the schema files until JAXB can build the libraries. Not ideal, but a lot, lot better than building all the classes by hand.

callum

Hmm, somehow I thought I already posted this, guess my mind is playing tricks on me.

Anyways, would you mind sharing your corrected wsdl file with the community (and send it to cisco so that they can update their SDKs)?

I second the motion! :-)

My ulterior motive is to find "corrected" files so that the Microsoft tools can consume them. My tale of woe is documented here: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20Developers&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd826d0