cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Another CMM Question

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

We have a CMM (WS-SVC-CMM) installed in a 6509 switch. On port 4 we installed a WS-SVC-CMM-ACT module to expand our conference bridge capabilities. When I go over to the CCM Administration page and select SERVICE>>>MEDIA RESOURCES>>>CONFERENCE BRIDGE>>>Add a New Conference Bridge>>>then select Cisco Conference Bridge (WS-SVC-CMM) one of the fields asks for the MAC address. I can't figure out what MAC address to use. When I telnet into the Cisco Media Module and use the command SH WSCMM ALL I get results that show the motherboard has 10 MAC address's and port 1 and 4 all show all zero's for MAC address's (see attached file). Any idea what the correct MAC address would be?

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

You want to use the MAC address of the virtual gigabit interface on the CMM, the one you've configured an IP address on. When you configure SCCP to integrate your conference bridging resources into CallManager, you'll configure "sccp local [your gig interface]". This defines both the source address the SCCP code uses and also which interface to borrow a MAC identifier from.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080334294.shtml#ccm1

Jason

Thanks, much appreciated!

Larry