Views
Helpful
Replies

AppleTV AirPlay

adam88888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just configured an Apple TV to join a WLAN and whilst it connects and gets internet access the AirPlay feature which would allow us to project the screen of any Apple iOS device to a monitor or projector isn't working. 

I have tested that it's not the AppleTV or end device by setting up a wireless hotspot on my mobile phone and joining both the AppleTV and iOS device (in this case an iPad).  The AirPlay option then showed up on the iOS device, but as soon as we connected both devices back to the WLAN with CISCO APs and Wireless Controller the AirPlay option disapears on the iPad. 

I have been told I need to turn on multicasting via the GUI of the wireless controller as per this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc10d.shtml#config2

That should present no problem as I have physical access to it, however, I would just like to ask if that's all I need to do as my next visit there must be brief and I want to be as prepared as I can so that I can get in and out with no delay. 

Please write if you know about this or have any experience in the area.

Thankyou

A

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would start at looking into multicasting, simply because airplay heavily depends on it in its discovery of airplay devices.

post this in the wireless category of the support forum though

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.