cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ata-186-i1 vs ata-186-i2

JOSE TORRES
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know which one is suppossed to be use for what country.

I know that the difference is the impedance on it and I found the following:

The Cisco ATA186-I1 and Cisco ATA188-I1 provide 600-ohm resistive impedance. The Cisco ATA 186-I2 and Cisco ATA188-I2 provide 270 ohm + 750 ohm // 150-nF complex impedance. The impedance option is requested when you place your order and should match your specific application. If you are not sure of the applicable configuration, check your country or regional telephone impedance requirements.

My question is what is the US impedance requirement and if anyone knows what specific country requirements are that would be great.

The other interesting thing is that this should only affect the handset, fax or modem so it would really all depend on the equipment you are plugging into it more than anything.

For simplicity does this mean there are different analog handset standards throughout the world.

Thanks,

Jose,

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Even I think It should only depend upon the handset impedence.

".....Analog telephone impedances differ from country to country and some countries have telephone networks that list multiple impedance requirements. It is important to closely approximate the impedance of your customer's phones when ordering an ATA. The incorrect choice can cause poor echo cancellation. The ATA186-I1 and ATA188-I1 come with standard 600 ohm impedance for each RJ-11 FXS port. The ATA186-I2 and ATA188-I2 come with standard complex impedance for each FXS port (270 ohm in series with 750 ohm and 150nF in parallel)....."

".....If you are not sure of the appropriate configuration, please consult with the customer, or see the guidelines below to choose a suggested ATA impedance......"

Cisco ATA 186 and 188 impedance guidelines

Country

I1

I2

ATACAB (Power Supply Cables)

Argentina X -AR

Australia X -AU

Austria X -EU

Belarus X -EU

Belgium X -EU

Brazil X -NA

Bulgaria X -EU