cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATAs registering twice in CUCM

smellring
Level 1
Level 1

We have found that about 10 - 15 ATAs (187, 190, 191) that are registered with a proper configuration and valid IP address.  These same ATAs also registered to our Auto registration 4-digit extension with a valid IP address.

Attempted to delete the ata with the Auto registration connection and it just grabs another 4-digit number in the Auto registration.  I noticed that about half were connecting through our 2nd CUCM database/server so, I attempted to delete that one and same results.

Attempted some research for this challenge and either not typing in the correct triggers to find my answer or it is just has not happened to anyone else (yet).  Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The ATA have 2 ports. Have you checked that it’s not two different devices, aka different MAC addresses to form the device name, that shows up in CM? If you have auto registration turned on in CUCM and don’t configure the second port in CM and don’t disable it via the webUI in the ATA it would use auto registration to setup the port in CM as a second device.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Hi Roger,

Yeah, only one device is being used on each of them as they are our used for our printers to fax in/out.

I will look into using the webUI to determine whether the 2nd port is enabled or disabled.  Would believe that even IF enabled and no physical connection, the port would not be able to register in CM.  In addition, I have 20+ other ATAs that do not have this issue and all are configured the same, which I find strange.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

The ATA have 2 ports. Have you checked that it’s not two different devices, aka different MAC addresses to form the device name, that shows up in CM? If you have auto registration turned on in CUCM and don’t configure the second port in CM and don’t disable it via the webUI in the ATA it would use auto registration to setup the port in CM as a second device.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Yeah, only one device is being used on each of them as they are our used for our printers to fax in/out.

I will look into using the webUI to determine whether the 2nd port is enabled or disabled.  Would believe that even IF enabled and no physical connection, the port would not be able to register in CM.  In addition, I have 20+ other ATAs that do not have this issue and all are configured the same, which I find strange.

You don’t need to have anything connected to the analog port on the ATA for it to register.

Response Signature

Okay, would you be able to assist and share with me where I can disable the 2nd port?  I already went looking in the CM configuration of the device(s) as well as the webUI via the IP address link, which gives me no editing options. 

Found that I needed to go to IP address of the fax configuration and NOT the Auto registered and was able to login to the device and change Line #2 to NO for Line Enable box. Select Submit and within approximately 40 seconds it is completed.

Thanks for the direction and response!

You’re welcome. One question, was it intentional that you marked the post as answered by one of your own responses?

Response Signature

My sincere apologies as I thought I was selecting your original response. I will go in and make that change.

Again, my sincerest apologies about that. Rookie mistake.

Sincerely,

SCOTT A. MELLRING
Network Administrator, Information Technology
636.949.4710 (o) / 314.703.5214 (m) / smellring@lindenwood.edu

[Lindenwood University]REAL EXPERIENCE.REAL SUCCESS.
lindenwood.edu
[Facebook] [Twitter] [LinkedIn]