Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Shortcomings??

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All:

I have a large number of end-users that need to be imported. The template for these sets are configures w IP services Address Book and Fast Dials, The UserID fields is blank and the PIN field is populated w/ 12345…Each end-user will have a a different UserID which is why the UserID fields is blank. After the import the we have to go back and touch each set to populate the UserID field in order for the services to work….Can anyone point me in the right direction to have the BAT Tool populate this field…I have tried a number of different combinations…Import just phones, then users… phones/users…ect w/ no success… Any and all help welcome...Thanks

13 Replies 13

leigh.honeywell
Level 1
Level 1

Search the forums for "Is there a way to bulk add a new Service to all the phones" - I am working on the exact same thing at the moment. It seems that the closest thing to a workaround is to subscribe them with a default username in the template, and then go back in and change the usernames - it's a little bit faster than subscribing each one manually.

Hello Leigh,

I can subscribe all new sets to services in the templates…My issue that I can’t seem to figure out is, each end-user has a different UserID , on the template when I subscribe to services I tried to leave the User Identification field blank and w/ a place holder 1000000…When left blank all of the imported phones services User Identification field is blank…1000000 is populated when I use this place holder…Having to go and touch each service for each end-user really stinks…There has to be a better way, you know what I mean

Unfortunately, from everything I've read, there is no better way. If I knew one... I would not be going through 140 phones today and changing the UserID.

In the post I mentioned searching for, the author describes there being some sort of SQL query to change the UserID, but my SQL skills just are not up to it. Hopefully this will be added to the next incarnation of the BAT.

I've also had the same issues and had to manually do 500 entries recently....with another coming up of similar number. I raised this with Cisco and they confirmed there is no utility or BAT enhancement today or planned to resolve this. There answer was get each user to do their own, unfortunately that isn't always received well by customers. Come on Cisco, its about time you resolved this.

I've sent a request to the PDI helpdesk to talk to the BAT product manager - I'll post here again if I hear back.

cool...Thanks Guys...I wish Cisco would step up to the plate....I have to go thur about 2000 sets in the next few mo....

I have succesfully used AXL SOAP to bulk add these services in CCM4.1(3) (personal FastDial + AddressBook)

It only requires a csv file with MAC,UserID,PIN

Unfortunately I cannot give away my application for free.

And this method will remove existing services...

...I'll have to do around 5500, so I am happy!...

HTH

Sascha

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever come up with a working solution? I have 2500 phones to configure 2 services on. Sure will take a long time.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Adam, NO, I have 2 men pound them out for each phase (mind numbing work), there was a SQL work around that I had no guts to try…Not sure if you seen it, if not I can forward it to you…Let me know

I saw the SQL workaround. I feel the same. To risky to try. I have opened a case with Cisco on the Partner Support site hoping for a solution. If something comes of it I will let you know.

Thanks!!!

Adam

see my post from yesterday :-)

Do you have a trial version that we can try before we buy?

sorry, but to implement that, it would sky-rocket the price

It is a full working version, and "plugins" will be available for other inserts like adding routepatterns etc.(or you can create your own)

I understand that you would see a trial,

but I can do a full-refund if it didn't do the job.

(not after it did the job ;-) )

drop me an email if you need to know more

saschamonteiro@hotmail.com