Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cabo extensor Microphone

I have a question!

I have a conference equipament and desktop microphone I tried using a P2 extension cable to the microphone, every time I put the  extender cable the microphone off the green LED.I tried on another Cisco equipament and continues. Does Its the extender cable only work if Cisco? Does extender cable P2 no brand does not work?

Attached Photos.

PN - CAB-MIC20-EXT

Thank you!

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure the extension cable you will connect to the Table Microphone 20 have 4 poles. It means it should have 4 pin contacts to support mic control (muting feature) as shown in the illustration:

You can use other brands as long as the pin configuration for the connector is the same as illustrated above.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Let me try to understand your issue.

You have a extender  "CAB-MIC20-EXT"  for  the microphone cable and trying to connect the microphone to other device but won't work? 

This "CAB-MIC20-EXT" is used to extend the microphone called "Table Microphone 20" for Cisco Telepresence SX20/C20/MX200/MX300 systems. Using the microphone+extender with other devices other than Cisco Telepresence video systems as mentioned is not supported.

Could you tell what is the system model of your videoconference codec that you are using for that microphone+extender?

regards,

Acevirgil

I have the cable extend P2 but don´t is Cisco. I have SX20 with Table Microphone 20.

When I place the extend cable in "Table Microphone 20" the LED green turn off.

Does it Table Microphone 20 it works only with pn "CAB-MIC20-EXT"?

Do I can use other extend cable that is not Cisco?

Thank´s

Make sure the extension cable you will connect to the Table Microphone 20 have 4 poles. It means it should have 4 pin contacts to support mic control (muting feature) as shown in the illustration:

You can use other brands as long as the pin configuration for the connector is the same as illustrated above.

regards,

Acevirgil