cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallerID Name Info Needed

jjfrelin
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying with 3 different PRI Providers here locally to get CallerID Name Working. Couple Questions.

I know AVVID gateways require the Name Field to be in the Display IE Field and not the Facility IE Field. Is there ANY way to make The gateways get the name from the Facility IE?

I have tried To explain to each of the 3 carriers that I need to see the name in the Display IE and They say they have no idea how to do this. I talked with a TAC guy awhile back and he said there is a way to do this on a Lucent 5E on a per trunk basis. Does anyone know the steps to acomplish this?

Is there another protocol I could be running between me and the switch that could solve my problem other than NI1/NI2 and 5ess??

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

d.gavin
Level 1
Level 1

For many years the "Caller Name" feature has not been supported on PRI services from many local and LD carriers. You need to verify with your service provider that they are even supporting this feature. Some carriers may support it at additional cost. Good luck.

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

It is not really the gateway that is looking for it in the display ie it is the callmanager. So until the callmanager is looking for it in the facility ie then it will not work if your telco is sending it there. If you look at the q931 translator in c:\programs files\cisco\bin and open a detailed ccm trace to you see a display or facility ie in the pri setup message coming from the telco?

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

I see the Display and Facility IE's in the traces. The Number is coming in on the Display IE from the Telco and the Name is coming in under the Facility IE. Thus Call manager (I ment that, not the gw.. sorry) is not displaying the name field.

Which brings me to my question of is there any way to make ccm look there instead, or is there something I can tell these carriers switch guys to change on their end to Fix this. I have the cooperation of several carriers to resolve this as this isn't just an isolated issue with me, it is with several other companies that have the same need/desire for callerID name being passed into the AVVID architechture.

Again, I heard from a particular person in the TAC that the carrier can change a variable on a 5e that will make the transistion of the Name data into the Display IE instead of the Facility IE. I just haven't been able to track that Guy down and no one else seems to have a clue of what to change to attempt this.

Please advise.

Thanks!

I don't know of anyway to make callmanager look at the facility instead of the display. So I would try and get the telco to switch the name to the display ie.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

bhiers
Level 1
Level 1

We too have a similar problem working with Verizon (formerly GTE). They are using a GTD5 swith that is not compatible to accept CallerID number (not name) from the Display IE Field.

Currently Verizon has not cooperated with configuring their switch to accept Display IE. We are working with a Cisco engineer on the problem and are awaiting a patch or workaround of some sort. If you come across a fix please email me with the solution.

Adelphia, Qwest and ELI all send this data in the Facility IE. They have no easy way, tarriffed way, or anything they would even attempt to try and get the Name to be sent under the Display IE instead alond with the number that is already in that field.

I have spent several months working with these three carriers, all of which did what they could and there was no way they could without affecting other things.

This is going to have to be a Cisco thing for PRI PSTN gateways to yank the Name outa the Facility IE field and move that into something that The phones and the system itself can parse and shoot around the system as it does with number.

I'm sure this is a worth while feature that alot of people are demanding and really the only way to make it work is have a Definity or something like that inbetween the call manager and the PSTN that can do this change for you. (That was the only way I was able to make it work in the Lab / test scenerio's which just isn't practical)

Mckee or someone else from Cisco AVVID; Care to add some insight of where this stands within the future releases of Call Manager and if we could look forward to the feature in the near future?

Thanks,

-jjf-

Are you having a problem sending your CallerID NUMBER to your carrier? I am confused as whether or not we are having the same problem. When we send our CallerID number in the Display IE field to Verizon (GTE) their switch denies it because they only accept it in the Facility IE field. Does any of this sound like a problem you could be having?

Thank you for your help and quick response.