Helpful
Replies

Calling party number ID not displayed when T1 PRI configured for MGCP

yavuz_sab
Level 1
Level 1

12.3(11)T6

CM 4.1(3)

If we have our 2851 configured for H323 while dialing from IP Phone to a PSTN user either extension of the IP phone is displayed on Cell Phone or the Caller ID under the H323 Config page on CCMAdmin is shown.

But if I configure the 2 x T1 PRI for MGCP PRI Backhaul registered with CM with ccm-manager config, ccm-manager config server <tftpaddress>, pri-group timeslot 1-24 service mgcp, isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager added we dont see the calling party number ID displayed on PSTN/Cell phone.

Basically tried all i can on the Callmanager plus on the gateway e.g. under PRI config on CCMAdmin set the CallerID and update and reset gateway as well as setting Calling Party Number Screening Indicator* to allow callmanager to provide calling number as well as the default setting.

In the debug isdn q931 i can see that we are presenting calling number ID.

The only thing which i have yet to do is restart or reboot callmanager.

Please advise.

Cheers!

Yavuz

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Yabuz,

While configure with H.323 if you check the debug isdn q931, same information to the Telco is sent?

Num plan, Type, Calling number info (same number of digits)

If you compare it with MGCP, same info is sent?

For H323 and MGCP what you have for:

Calling Party Selection

Calling Party Presentation

Caller ID DN.

If you change the Calling party under Route List/Route Pattern same issue?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmsys/a03rp.htm#wp1051056

Could you please paste a debug isdn q931 for both protocols?

Let us know.

Hi,

Thats right while we have H323 and MGCP configured the same information is being sent to the teloc e.g. Num plan, type calling and number info (same digits are being passed through).

Caller ID DN, Calling and called party selection and presentation is set as default.

Correct if i change Route pattern/RL calling party its the same issue.

We currently in production, but will try to gather you debug isdn q931 for h323. Below is the q931 output while configured for MGCP.

*Sep 5 00:25:32.392: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x01D4

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Display i = 'Yavuz Sabuncuoglu'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '8664004295'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '12087554428'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Yavuz

Under the gateway page in CCM, try changing the CALLING PARTY Plan to ISDN and type to National.

This will require reset of gateway on CCM side also.

If this doesn't do the trick, then try leaving above change and setting the called party plan and type to both unknown.

A lot of this depends on the carriers and what they are looking for also, but I've seen calling party plan of ISDN and type national fix most reports of this in the US. Since your calling party # is a 866 # that may need some other setting perhaps, and you might want to check with your provider. But again, if it's working with H323 then post a q931 from a h323 call to compare.

Hi,

Is it supported to send your name to the Telco?

Try to remove it, they might reject all CLI if you put a name element in it.

(uncheck "Display IE Delivery" in the gateway config)

hth

Sascha

Hi,

Regardless. If we have 2851 configured for H323 talking to CM in H225 the caller ID "number" it is displayed. As soon as we configure the 2851 for MGCP then CLID is not displayed on PSTN/Cell phone.

I am just trying to understand what on the Callmanager or Router be causing the problem.

Thank you,

Yavuz