cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Express Won't forward T1 DID

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

i've configured a CME with a PRI from my provider, they are sending 4 digits down, 2411 (confirmed in debug).

2411 as a phone IS up and running, but callers are getting dialtone, the phone is not ringing.

Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you paste your configs ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello,

I am having the same problem only with an ICS 7750. I can't recieve any calls from the pstn via my PRI which is configured for DID. When I dail any of numbers from my DID block I get a busy signal.

Perhaps we are making the same mistake.

You can see my post at http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd7ce4f

With Regards,

Aaron McQuaid

bvogle
Level 1
Level 1

I was having this exact problem. I had to add the "direct-inward-dial" command to one of my outbound dial-peers. Once i did that, it works perfectly.

dtaglieri
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue like this before. Along with adding direct inward dial to the dial peer do a incoming called number . in the incoming dial peer

Hi

You should always have a dial-peer to match incoming calls so you can reliably set up things like direct-inward-dial.. like so:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description ** E1 Incoming dial-peer **

translation-profile incoming Prefix9

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

In this example I've enabled direct-inward-dial (which you need) and I've also edited the calling numbers inbound so that the missed call list has diallable numbers in it... The incoming called-number line matches all incoming calls...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!