cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Multi-tenant Partitioning

glovato
Level 4
Level 4

I am setting up a Callmanager to operate in a Multi-Tenant Environment. Now when I say Multi-Tenant I mean possible 50 tenants. I have been told that you can partitiont the callManager to do this but I dont even know the first place to start. Is there anyone that has some really good docs or that can chat with me outside of the forum to tell me how they did this or how it is done. I also would like to know if there is a way that you can limit the number of trunk ports that a customer can access. I am using 3.1.2c and 6509 gateway. I also know that in its current state Unity is not partitionable in a multi-tenant environment. If any body has any suggestions about a third party product that would be great as well. I appreciate all of the help.

Thanks

greg

7 Replies 7

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Greg,

This would be a good place to start.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

Basically you need to create partitions for each different company. Put each companies Directory Numbers in there partition. Setup the Calling Search Space so the people in the company can only call other people in there company. I don't know of a way to limit the channels on an individual pri. You can limit it by the whole t1. How are you doing to handle incoming calls? Do the DN's for the individual companies overlap?

Thank you,

-Mckee

I really dont know how I am going to handle incoming calls. I wasnt planning on using overlapping DN's but if that would be a better use of number I could do that. What do you think?

If you are using PRI's why woulg you want to seperate channels. Does not help you. Give everyone access to all customers and use CDR to do billing. If you want to talk email me at david.constantino@ireadyworld.com. This is what my company does. We have 30 diffrent customers on one cluster.

Dave,

Can we talk some more about this outside of the forum. I am really interested in asking you a lot of technical questions on the what and how?

Thanks

Greg

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

Partitions and Calling Search Space under Route Plans menu will allow you to setup seperate tenants. You can then use Route Groups and Route Lists to determine which users can access which trunks. Unity can can be used in a multi-tenant environment using call routing rules. If you have trouble with configs, feel free to e-mail me, but I am real busy right now, so it may take a few days for me to get back with you.

-Brian

arief.muslim
Level 1
Level 1

For the web attendant, you can't have overlapping pilot number.

struberjager
Level 1
Level 1

You might want to check out the 3rd party application TiM ( Telephone Interface Communications Manager )

http://tim.aspiria.de This applications allows you to run multiple tenants on a CUCM and simplifies the typical daily business stuff (e.g. MACD).