cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager suport DMS100

cristianmunoz
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know if the CM version 3.2 supports PRI protocol type DMS100, using Cisco Catalyst 6000 E1 VoIP Gateway ?

8 Replies 8

jmessina
Level 1
Level 1

I have never done this however the switch type should not matter to call manager with h.323. As long as it is an h.323 gateway ccm will send calls there whether it's primary-5ess or basic-dms100. ccm sees it as an h.323 gateway in either case. AFAIK

this document also claims that it will be no prob with mgcp either.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_access/config/first.htm#xtocid12

saridder
Level 1
Level 1

If you are talking about QSIG, then no it does not. Look for full support next year, in 3.4

QSIG will be supported in 3.3 this year, with more services added to it in 3.4.

Only partial QSIG is comming out in 3.3. The good stuff, as well h.450 isn't until 3.4 or what ever they will call it.

jmessina
Level 1
Level 1

My experience with isdn pri has only required the use of primary-5ess switch type.

This gentleman has posted questioning the use of primary dms100 as a switch type with call manager yet this has turned into a forum on the future call manager support of QSIG.

Clearly CCO documentation lists dms100 as a valid supported isdn switch type basic or primary. Could someone please confirm this will work and why QSIG support has very little to do with MR. Munoz's situation.

My understanding is that Qsig is an inter-PBX signaling system used to connect multi-vendor equipment while maintaining compatibility with the ISDN PSTN.

and dms100 is Northern Telecom DMS100 is a switch model that has been used for many years.

Now perhaps one day qsig will be used with dms100 switches to connect to other vendors devices but please excuse me for I come from a data backround but i do not see a direct correlation between whether CCM 3.2 will support dms100 and It's future support for qsig.

Someone help me out to better understand.

mallen
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. We're running CM 3.1x with the E1/T1 card and a DMS100 at the CO. I can not explain the nuances of the configuration, but it works. As I recall, it was relatively straightforward to set up.

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

We are running CM 3.2 connected via a Cat 6509 with an WS-X6608 8 port T-1 blade. From the WS-X6608 we have Pri connected to a Nortel SL-100 using switch type DM-100 configured in CM. Haven't tried E-1.

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

This has been quite an educative posting and I realize that I am in distinguished company. I do not intend to overflog the issue but maybe my observations will help the owner of this posting.

CCM processes calls in an IP telephony environment using the resources available to it. One of those resources is the voice gateway. From the point of view of the Call Manager, as long as the voice gateway implements supported protocols it really does not matter to idiosyncracies of the hardware used.

In my network, I am using a VG200 connected to the PSTN via a T1 connection to a Nortel DMS-100 switch. The link is an ISDN PRI. This config works fine. I also know that configs. using a 6509 work as well. I have worked with a lot of E1 connections and they are very similar to T1. They are even referred to in the same breadth in some technical documents.

As an aside, it may matter the way the signalling is set up at the CO. It is important to make absolutely sure that the signalling used is as generic as possible (especially with different vendors; even if it is the same protocol). Proprietary signalling has the habit of making good technology look bad.