Views
Helpful
Replies

can't assign CUPC users

mthijssen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A time ago I have assigned some users for CUPC. (CUP and CUPS license at CUCM and assign to node at CUPS).

When I now want to assign a user to a node at the CUPS, I got the following error:

Error: Unable to change assignment for 1 users. Please ensure the users are not already assigned locally or in a remote cluster.

I think this has to do due our upgrade to 8.0.2.10000-30.

greetings,

5 Replies 5

danofived
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you find any resolution for this issue? I have a cup 7.0.5 server and an 8.5.1 server joined by the intercluster peer. When I try and migrate users over between the two servers I get this error.

Error: Unable to change assignment for 1 users. Please ensure the users are not already assigned locally or in a remote cluster.

The user has been unassigned from the remote cluster and capabilities removed.

any suggestions?

thanks

Dan

We did resolve this in the end without having to do a rebuild.  The error was due to a known bug that comes up when you change the domain setting for your Presence servers.  This change doesn't really take.  Cosmetically you will see the new domain listed on the admin page but the underlying systems do not update.  If you have made a domain change and are now getting this error you will need to open a TAC case.  They will need to access your system and apply the fix.

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue for two users on our CUP server.

"Error: Unable to change assignment for 2 users. Please ensure the users are not already assigned in a remote cluster."

We changed our CUP domain, maybe it have something to do with it?

CUP version:  8.6.5.13900-2
CUCM version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Maybe I have to open a TAC.

/Kristian

I worked with Tac and they collected many logs and the only solution was to rebuild the pub and sub from scratch.  Before we did we removed presence settings from the end users in CUCM and then turned back on after we reoladed the servers.  First we tried restoring back up but it didn't work.  So we just started from scratch

Hi Billie

Oh, I really don't hope we have to rebuild.

When did you work with Tac about this issue?

Regards

Kristian