cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Voice Written Beta available Nov 14

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

Just a quick heads up regarding the written lab.

If you're "on the fence" about whether you are ready to take the written, you might strongly consider getting it done prior to when the Beta becomes the official test.

These things never get easier....

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/wr_exam_blueprint.html

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/wr_beta_exam_blueprint.html

Warmest regards,

Michael

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wow, seems like it's been completely redone. Looks more like actual Lab blueprint now.

My writtn will expire sometime in February, and there is no way I will be able to attempt the lab by then, does anyone know if I can re-take the written before it expires to renew it for the next 1.5 years?

Chris

Chris,

I dont think there is an extension program. Each attempt of CCIE written exam gives you 18 months to pass the lab. So either ways, you get an 18 month extension (indirectly).The only restriction is, that once you pass a written exam, you should not take the same exam with in 180 days.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks guys.

I am thinking of taking the new beta exam after my written expires, as I like the blueprint better than the old one.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Actually, I thought particularly of you when I posted this since you mentioned that your written was expiring soon.

Looks like you can re-take after 180 days, so you should be good. I'm hoping Ben Ng or someone from the CCIE Program is watching and can shed some certainty...

I had thought I remembered that back in 2001 when I passed R&S, that one's first attempt at the lab had to occur within 12 months of passing the written, and having met that requirement, you had 3 years to pass the lab before the written expired.

Now I look, and it seems you have 18 months to take the lab for the first time after passing the written. Then, if you fail, you have a year to retake. If after three years since passing the written, you haven't passed the lab, you start over with the written.

I'm hoping Ben Ng or someone from the CCIE Program is watching and can shed some certainty...

Michael

Hi,

you can take the written test any tine after the 6 months of the first attempt, irrespective of your result.

Abhishek

Agreed, but does re-passing the written test after 6 months also restart the 18 month lab attempt timer as well?

So if Chris retakes his written now, does he get a new 18 month period in which to take the lab?

If so, where is this documented?

Thanks,

Michael