Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.0(2) Installation Problems

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I already installed CCM 4.0(2) Publisher server and when I'm in the middle of the subscriber installation it aborts with a CallManager Installation Failure. Below

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What error do u get?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I already installed CCM 4.0(2) Publisher server and when I'm in the middle of the subscriber installation it aborts with a CallManager Installation Failure. Below is the output at the end of the CCMInstXXXX log file. I'll appreciate any input. Is the second time I rebuild the subscriber completly starting from the OS and it is having the same problem.

-------------------

Property(C): ValidateUser = **********

Property(C): ALLUSERS = 1

Property(C): ValidKey = True

Property(C): PubNameValid = True

Property(C): AdminPwdValid = True

Property(C): PrivatePwdValid = True

Property(C): PubNmRslvd = True

Property(C): PubVersionMatch = True

Property(C): PubPrivatePwdVerified = True

=== Logging stopped: 12/28/2004 11:55:03 ===

MSI (c) (00:B4): Product: Cisco CallManager -- Installation operation failed.

12/28/2004 11:55:03.187 CCMSetup.cpp fnRunCommand CreateProcess returned: 1603

12/28/2004 11:55:03.187 CCMSetup.cpp fnRunCommand Function ended

12/28/2004 11:55:03.203 CCMSetup.cpp fnInstallPackage msiexec.exe: Return Code: 1603: Fatal error during installation.

12/28/2004 11:55:12.156 CCMSetup.cpp fnInstallPackage Cisco CallManager Install did not complete successfully. Review the log file for more information.

12/28/2004 11:55:12.156 CCMSetup.cpp fnInstallPackage User responded "OK" to message box.

12/28/2004 11:55:12.156 CCMSetup.cpp fnInstallPackage Function ended

12/28/2004 11:55:12.156 CCMSetup.cpp WinMain Function ended.

------------------------------

Any ideas?

-Jose

Is this an upgrade or a fresh install of both Pub and Subscriber..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Both are a new installation out of the box.

The pub installed fine.. the problem is with the subscriber..

-Jose

Jose, you should make sure of the following before installing a subscriber:

1) Network connectivity between the pub and sub's. You should be able to ping one from the other.

2) If you don't have a WINS environment, make sure you have LMHOSTS files on both servers with the IP address and name of the other server in the following format:

#PRE

3) If you don't have a DNS server configured, make sure you have HOSTS files on each server with the name and IP address of the other server as an entry.

The main reasons for failure of a subscriber install are some loss of connectivity between the new subscriber and the publisher. Verify all DNS entries for accuracy (or if no DNS, check the HOSTS files). Make sure you can ping each server from the other by both name and ip address. For netbios verification (used by SQL Server) do the following (after you have created the LMHOSTS file):

At the command prompt on each server:

nbtstat -a

if you don't get a return, then:

nbtstat -RR

This should load the changes from your LMHOSTS file

Now, nbtstat -a should return information.

Let me know how this works for you.

Ok.

Now it is working. The LMHost file was already configured but for some reason wasn't working as expected. Now it is working fine. Another thing... should I upgrade to 4.1(2) or it is safe to stay in 4.0(2) with latest service release. I know 4.1(2) has time of day routing and also call forwarding enhancements among other things..

Any input?

-Jose

That would do it. If SQL can't communicate via netbios with the publisher, you will have subscriber issues. Glad to hear it is working for you.

If this is going to be for a production environment, I would only upgrade to 4.1 now if you need the features and functionality that are added in 4.1. Give it a little time to settle down otherwise.