Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and RAM problem

chkt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to ask a question about the CCM RAM. I have a Publisher which has 2G RAM. It has only 190M available RAM in normal date.I try to Reboot the server. RAM can be resumed. It becomes to 1G RAM. But The RAM may be occupied too much by some software within 2 days. However, all Subscribers have not this issue. CCM is version 4.01sr2a.

I have another CCM which version is 3.1(3a). The Publisher always occupies the RAM within 40M. But Subscriber do not take any RAM. all the server is 1G RAM. if the CCM need to 1G RAM to any application, Why the RAM can not Resume if i add more RAM?

Thx

6 Replies 6

erhoehne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi chkt1,

The memory consumption on the 2g ram ccm's could be caused by a memory leak, if a reboot releases all memory and then the memory goes back up over several days; this is sometimes a memory leak issue. The amount of ram you need for the 1gig servers will depend on how much traffic is being pushed through to that callmanager. If you are seeing a sluggish performance by the server, then maybe it's being overloaded and more memory could help. If your ccm's become more of a concern, then please call into the TAC. We can take a look at the health of them.

Later,

Erik

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

I've seen exactly the same symptoms on at least 2 CCM installs of 4.01sr2a. Again, Subscribers are fine. There has also been other indications on this forum of similar problems in CCMV4. I have a TAC case open and I am currently monitoring over time to see if a process is increasing its memory usage. At present it seems to have level'd out at approx 1.4gb.

echandra
Level 1
Level 1

Me too. CCM 4.1.2.

MCS7825 w/ 1GB RAM. Publisher only has 60-80M of free memory. Subscriber is ok w/ 300M average free.

Should I upgrade? Cisco should has told us if we need more memory. Especially that we pay a premium for this "blessed" servers.

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

Look at your Services on the Publisher. Which service is using the most amount of memory?

I had problems where the DC Directory service (dcdxx.exe) was using almost all of the memory. I had a ton of DSA replication messages in the event viewer also. I then used the Cisco provided (offhours) DCD scripts to backup the DCD data, remove DSA subscriptions, and then rebuilt the subscriptions. This fixed my DCD Memory consuption issue....

But with your version there were some nice memory leaks also as the last post entailed.

HTH

Mike

I am seeing similar issues on ccm 4.02a and 4.02aSR1.

7835 w/1 gig RAM.

Sometimes the cisco call manager (ccm) will terminate unexpectedly on any of the call managers. Publisher, or subscribers. It is not predictable so far and could be once a week, twice a week, or once in 3 weeks. The last ccm service termination was on the publisher and was a forced divide by zero error.

The publisher in this set up is not doing any call processing (not part of any call manager groups) either.

SqlServer is taking 280MB.

The next big apps are in the 60-80K range