Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM route group priority meaning?

chan-kuen.hui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have two voice gateway (GW1 and GW2) and each voice gateway has a PSTN circuit.

In the callmanager, I configured the route group with GW1 first and then GW2.

Is all outgoing call use GW1 first and then use GW2 when GW1 is all busy? or is the outgoing call load-sharing between GW1 and GW2 (in what ratio, 1 to 1 or any)?

Thanks.

C.K.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Both route lists and route groups are prioritised lists.

So if you have a route list, with two route groups in it, calls will go to route group 1 until all lines are busy or the gateway fails, then will go to route group 2.

The gateways you add to a route group are also prioritised, so calls will go to the first line/gateway in the route group, then the second if the first fails or is busy...

You can change the route group behaviour so that it will load-share if you want. To do this add each GW to the route group but set the order to 1 on each.

Then go into service parameters and set ReorderRouteList to True.

Hope this helps

Aaron

ps Please rate my post.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I cannot find the service paramters - setReorderRouteList. Where can I find this parameter and modify it.

Thanks.

C.K.

Go to CCmadmin, then to Service/Service Parameters...

Click on your CM server, then the Cisco CallManager service.

On the page that appears ReorderRouteList will be in the section titled 'Clusterwide Parameters (Route Plan)'. You could just use the Find feature under the edit menu in IE to find it by searching for reorder...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate my post...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!