Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm & unity non-standard installation

hannyong
Level 1
Level 1

Help Appreciated,

For POC and self learning, is it possible to install ccm and unity in the same box? I know it's possible to install ccm on a non-approve hardware box, how about for cisco unity? Can anyone guide me for this installation and so forth?

Another important question is, any minimum ram required? Like for example, for ccm to be installed on a laptop "error-free" found out that minimum 384Mb is required. How about for unity?

help appreciated!

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can't say whether it's possible or not as I've not tried it, but I would expect that you may run into software conflicts or have trouble starting the laptop as CCM, Unity, Exchange, AD and all the associated services try to start at once...

For study purposes I have a generic build PC with 512Mb, 1.8g processor, and a second hard disk... I use this hard disk to store VmWare machines. You can install both CCM and Unity on that with no trouble and start them up seperately, plus you have no conflicts between software as they are in seperate machines... also more closely simulates the real environment...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!