cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCS vs QSIG issue

raffski
Level 1
Level 1

I have two routers connected to PBXs which are happily running QSIG between them. I want to change this to T-CCS, but I'm having problems getting the T-CCS dial-peers to connect between sites. I'm reasonably happy with my numbering as I've basically followed the numbering plan from the configuring TCCS doc. But those channels never come up, always show pending and the sho dial peer voice says 'bearer capability not implemented'.

I'm running QSIG on one port of an E1 E1 card, and trying to configure T-CCS on the other. Could this be the reason the dial peers wont connect, the fact I'm trying to do this on the same card?

Any assistance welcome.

Thanks,

peter.

8 Replies 8

raffski
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone connected Meridians through a network using T-CCS?

I've connected them using PRI and Q.SIG, there will be an issue of Supplementary Services using T-CCS. Plus, if your using MMail or Call Pilot you'll definitely want Q.SIG or PRI for MWI synch.

Interesting. Our PBX guys insist they need CCS in place because they are installing call pilot. One of the things is that the associated issues like caller display etc don't get passed with QSIG.

We have done this many times. Using E1 MCDN based links. There haven't been any problems, other that G729 on the voice channels didn't work very well, so we increased it to G726.

I got the two sides to connect. I changed which side was 'answer mode' to the other and all the channels came straight up. Is this tied in to which side is network and user on the PBX? Because the other way round it would not work.

I'm running gigabit between sites, should I just go for the biggest codec? Or should I limit it?

Anything I need to do for fax handling or modems using T-CCS?

Thanks again.

As you seem to have plenty of bandwidth, it would be best to not compress the channels at all. Compression will affect fax & modem for sure. Because the link is T-CCS there is no method of the routers detecting data calls, and amending the properties. We also often have "no vad" as there can be problems with data links. The downside is that having G711 & no vad will result in permanent 80k+ per channel.

Yes got 2gb between sites so bandwidth not an issue at all.

Flippin thing has hung twice since I cut over two trunks to T-CCS from QSIG. No data flows, can't get in on console. No info yet why. Waiting for it to happen again to gather the usual stuff.

Interesting on the two routers that are more or less the same, one has much higher CPU util than the other, and the one I would have considered less busy is the one with the higher util.