Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Expressway 8.5 Failed

Hi;

We had a solution MOBILE REMOTE ACCESS using EXPRESSWAY EDGE and EXPRESSWAY CORE.

I had a problem after change a certificate ca public, When this new certificate is installed , exist the message : FAILED: MISSING PRIVATE KEY.

My question is How and Where I get this private key?

I have three certificates: 1 root ca , 1 server certificate to EXPRESSWAY-E and other server certificate EXPRESSWAY-C in .crt format.

It is done using CSRs generated in each EXPRESSWAY.

Regards;

Fabio Santos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Every time you generate a CSR, a new key is generated, no matter what you change, if you generated a new CSR, you'll need to have that one signed by your CA, and then upload it.

If during that time you generate a new CSR, the previous one will become invalid.

You might want to read my certs FAQ

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Certificates_FAQ

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think you have generated the CSR, it clearly says there is no CSR in progress.

When you generate a CSR, a private key is generated to make sure you're actually bringing back that same CSR in the form of a signed certificate. So, they key is internal to the server, you cannot upload your own, or download it.

Generate a CSR from the server, and then have it signed, that's the actual process to get this to work.

HTH

java

Hi James;

Thanks by reply,

So I generated the CSR, and after it I loading a new certificate of Public CA. But now I have change this certicate because an information in alternate name was wrong. When I start this change the system no more show CSR in progress.

I can generate a new CSR, but  do you think that a new certificate Public CA will be required?

The CSR generated are in attachment.

Thanks;

Fabio

Every time you generate a CSR, a new key is generated, no matter what you change, if you generated a new CSR, you'll need to have that one signed by your CA, and then upload it.

If during that time you generate a new CSR, the previous one will become invalid.

You might want to read my certs FAQ

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Certificates_FAQ

HTH

java

Jaime;

Very Thanks!