Helpful
Replies

Change the Domain in the Expressway E

Nikhil.ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We have a requirement here. 

Our organisation has decided to change the domain name for their network enviroment. We are using MRA for our environment. I want to know what will be the impact when we will change the domain name. 

Where do i need to make changed if in the expressway C and E if we change the domain?

Do we need to rehost the certificates if we change the domain name?

Will there be any impact on the IM address if we change the domain?

And also where can i change the domain in  the IM&P so that it gets properly reflected in the IMaddress in the IM&P?

7 Replies 7

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
The question is... which domain are you changing? The internal or the external domain, or both?
If you're changing the external domain, you'll have to generate a new CSR request and sign it again in a public certificate authority. And of course, verify that the SRV record is still public on the internet with the new domain, I'm talking about the '_collab-edge._tls.domain.com'.

Anyway, please tell us about which domains you want to change (internal / external / both), and I can give you more information about what's needed in your case.

Hello Slavik,

We are going to change the external domain. 

Can you provide me with the task list that needs to be done in expressway C and E after we change the external domain.

Hi,

1. Change the PTR of the Expressway-E inside your internal DNS. Depending on your topology:
    1. If you're on Dual NIC - Expressway-E's PTR should be with the internal DMZ NIC IP address.
    2. If you're on Single NIC - Expressway-E's PTR should be with the public IP address of Expressway-E's NIC (the NATed address).
  2. Sign the Expressway-E certificate again in a public certificate authority, after changing the domain.
  3. Don't forget to add the certificate trust of the public certificate authority also on the Expressway-C, otherwise the traversal zone won't be able to communicate after re-hosting the certificate in Expressway-E.
  4. Go the Expressway-C, to the Traversal zone towards to Expressway-E and change the FQDN of the Expressway-E to be the new one, with the new domain.
  5. On Expressway-C in "Configurations -> Domains", change the domain (external) to the new domain.
  6. If you don't have it now in your 'jabber-config.xml' file, you'll probably have to add it now, as the external domain is now different from your external domain:
    <Policies>
      <VoiceServicesDomain>newdomain.com</VoiceServicesDomain>
    </Policies>

That's it I think, hope I'm not forgetting something else.

Good luck! :)

Thanks Slavik for the response.

Really appreciaten your effort here  

Thanks Slavik for the response.

Really appreciate your effort here  

Thanks  Slavik,

Really appreciate your effort here. 

I Have same problem but in my case i need to change Internal as well as external both doamin name. in my setup we have CUCM, IMP, CUC, VTPS, VTC and TMS.

is all have single cluster can you help me with any document to do change domain name.